Domaine des Grandes Perrières Sury-en-Vaux

Region
France - Loire
Winemaker
Jerome Gueneau
Size
16 hectare
Established
1993
Grower Website
Visit grower's website

Domaine des Grandes Perrières is located 5 km north of Sancerre in the municipality of Sury-en-Vaux. This operation was created in 1993 and covers four communes: Sury-en-Vaux, Chavignol, Sainte Gemme in Sancerre and Menetou-Ratel.

This operation created in 1993 started with 1.25 ha of vines. In 1996, Jerome GUENEAU built his winery. In 1997 he took over a farm of 3 hectares. In 2001, he expanded the basement and built a storage and conditioning. Year after year, the surface of vines gradually increases to propose flint old vines or traditional method wines. In 2007, the vineyard covers 4 towns and reached 14 ha. In 2008, it is the acquisition of 3ha of land in Coteaux du Giennois.

The farm now has 17ha of vines. The production is marketed at 70% for export. The remaining 30% is shared between restaurants, wine merchants and individuals.

Photo Gallery

Wines Available


Sancerre Domaine des Grandes Perrières, , Domaine des Grandes Perrières

Sancerre Domaine des Grandes Perrières

Origin: Sury-en-Vaux, Loire, France

This operation created in 1993 started with a 1.25 ha of vines. Each year Jerome has taken the opportunity offered by the 'Jerome Vignerons' entitlement to purchase additional vineyards. Often these are steep sloped vineyards with not many willing to work on them. With excellent exposure and a mix of soil types, Jerome is able to achieve sancerre with many complex characteristics.

Grape Variety
Sauvignon Blanc 100%
Alcohol by Volume
12.5% ABV
Wine Style
White Wines
Closure
Cork

Winemaker's Notes

This wine offers a wonderful array of flesh citrus fruit; grapefruit & lemon, stony mineral notes and fresh cut herbs. The palate whilst displaying the classic acidity and minerality of sancerre, offers a rounded succulent mouth feel that adds to the character of this wine.

Available Vintages & Format

SKUDescriptionFormatVintageAvailabilityTrade PriceStock (Cases)
B1901728SANCERRE Gueneau 19Bottle (75cl)2019 Trade only--

This is not a formal quotation. Prices shown are per bottle (size as indicated) DPD excluding VAT. All wines are sold subject to our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Stock reported in cases of 12 bottles, 24 halves, 6 magnums (all 9L). Oversize bottles in single units.

Location map


Anthony Byrne Fine Wines Ltd. Registered in England and Wales with company number 01713692.
Privacy Policy. Registered office: Ramsey Business Park, Stocking Fen Road, Ramsey, Cambridgeshire, PE26 2UR.